Everyone love a good date night #amiright but sometimes when life is real and adulting is hard there just isn’t extra money to do the more extravagant things in life.
That’s okay! I got you covered with my 10 best cheap and mostly free date night ideas
Find an outdoor rink either downtown or down your street, strap on some skates and go for it. Maybe you suck at skating but what better way to be cute and hold hands like the adorable couple you are.
Be a #goals couple and make a fun Pinterest craft or recipe together! A few of my favourites are:
- these chocolate lava cakes, they look super impressive but I promise are super easy to make and delish!
- or these delectable s’mores bars
- Make a memory journal together! Collect old event tickets, print off Instagram pictures, record important dates, have fun and be creative! I’ve made one of these for Michael before and it was honestly a lot of fun ❤
- Be super adorable and have a romantic night under the stars ❤
- Or stay inside make a blanket fort, order your fav takeout and chill
3. Go on a Hike!
Get out and explore a new part of your town, walk down a new trail, drive to a waterfall…get outdoors and start walking, you never know where it could lead or what conversations you’ll have.
*during the Holiday’s you can turn this into looking at Christmas lights
4. Challenge each other on the Wii, in a card game, wrestling or messy Twister
Don’t underestimate the fun in a little friendly competition. To improve your game practice while your spouse is away (;
Sometimes just wrestling together is a great way to relieve tension, even if they are 10x stronger than you :p
5. Act like kids and draw together
Get a huge bristol board from the dollar store and draw what you hope your future looks like.
6. Visit the Humane society and pet puppies
Take a jaunt over to your local humane society and talk about which animals are your favourite or you’d like to adopt one day.
7. See a movie at a cheap theatre
Some Colleges or Universities have theatres where they play movies just after they come out of the theatre for really cheap.
8. Give each other a makeover
Let him pick out your clothes, do your makeup the whole thing, then do the same for him. Or if you’re rich set a budget, go to the mall and buy each other an outfit to wear for the rest of the night.
9. Film a Youtube video
You don’t have to post it but here are some fun ideas to try together:
- husband tag (check out this video I made with my husband!)
- Watch Ya’ Mouth challenge
- no thumbs challenge
- whisper challenge
10. Water fight or whip cream fight
Basically whatever you can get your hands on before them…
I hope you are inspired to have fun with your spouse and forget about the stresses of life even if just for a few hours!
What are your favourite cheap date night ideas? I’d love to hear!
Click here to read my most popular post: Just Wait
If you liked this post be sure to click below to SHARE it!
To have posts delivered to your inbox be sure to SUBSCRIBE
*affiliate links used